Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their team and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment.
In addition, they improve their browsing process, since they allow the website to offer the user information that may be of interest depending on the use made of the contents of the website.
In case you do not want to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser, so that it erase them from your computer’s hard drive, it blocks them or notify you if they are installed. To continue without changes in the configuration of cookies, simply continue browsing the website.
The cookies we use do not store any personal data, nor any type of information that can identify you, unless you want to voluntarily register with the purpose of using the services that we make available to you or you wish to receive information about promotions and contents of your interest.
Types and purpose of cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be classified as:
- Session cookies: they expire when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: they expire when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, until the user remains identified in the website for the aims of the services it provides or until they are manually deleted).
Cookies, according to their purpose, can be classified as follows:
- Performance Cookies (technical and for customization): This type of cookie remembers your preferences related to the usage of the tools used by the services provided in the website, so you do not have to reconfigure the service(s) every time you browse the website. As an example, this type includes: volume adjustments of video or sound players and the video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-location cookies: These cookies are used to find out which country you are in when a service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
- Session cookies (technical and for cusomization): Session cookies are generated once the user has registered or has subsequently opened her/his session, and are used to identify you in the services with the following objectives:
- Keep the User identified so that, if a service is closed and the browser or the computer enters the service again at another time or another day, it will continue to be identified, facilitating its browsing without having to re-identify itself. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the “close session” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time she/he enters the service the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytical cookies: Each time a User uses a service or accesses some information on the website, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, Comscore and similar that may be added to this list in case they vary in relation to the current ones) generates an analytical cookie on the user’s computer. This cookie, that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives that are pursued are:
- To allow the anonymous identification of the browsing users through the relevant cookies (browsers and devices, not people, are identified) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- To anonymously identify the most visited contents, that are therefore more attractive for users.
- To know if the user who is accessing is new or returning. Important: Unless the user decides to register in any service or content of the website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify her/him. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the user experience on the website.
- Propietary advertising cookies: they are used by the owner of the website to detect if a User has visited or not the relevant ad(s) . They also allow the optimization of the advertising spaces on the web pages, by storing data on the user’s behavior while browsing them.
- Third-party advertising cookies: In addition to the advertising managed by the website in its contents or services, the website owner may offer your advertisers the option of serving ads through third parties (“AdServers”). In this way, these third parties can store cookies sent from the contents of the website from the browsers of the Users, as well as access the data stored therein. The companies that generate these Cookies have their own privacy policies.
How to block or delete installed cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the relevant options of your browser. You can find information on how to do it, in relation to the most common browsers, in the links that are included below:
You can also control your cookie settings in this specific website by accessing the dedicated pop-up settings screen.
We inform you, however, of the possibility that the deactivation of any cookies may prevent or hinder browsing the website or the provision of the services offered on it.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The terms and conditions comprised on this page are governed by the laws of Spain. In case of dispute over the interpretation, execution or validity of these terms and conditions, the contracting parties will submit themselves to the jurisdiction of the Courts and the Tribunals of Barcelona (Spain) expressively renouncing any other jurisdiction that may correspond to them.
This agreement was originally written in Spanish and the user accepts that the Spanish version of this document will prevail over any version of it in a language other than Spanish.